I. SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
II. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The following types of information may be collected on the Website:
We may collect information you provide us if you access, sign up for or request certain services from us on our Website. For example, if you are interested in learning more about DV and the services and products we offer, we may ask for personal information, such as your name, company name and size, email address, telephone number, and city/state. If you have an account with us, we may also collect your username or other information you use to log into or access your account. We do not collect or process any sensitive data such as: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union memberships; genetic or biometric data; health or mortality; or sexual orientation in connection with this Website.
When you visit our Website, we may gather certain information about your visit and your device automatically. This information may, for example, reflect how you found, were directed to or used this Website. Similarly, we may collect your IP address, browser type and version, and other data about the equipment used to visit the Website, as well as the patterns of searching and browsing that preceded access to the Website, and the patterns of searching and browsing on the Website.
III. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to improve the functionality of the Website. For example:
- We track the number of visitors using certain portions or features of the Website to make changes that may be necessary to improve the Website’s functionality;
- We track the popularity of features on the Website to guide the development of new ones;
- We identify the types of devices our visitors use so that we can improve and optimize our systems; and
- We assess the ways in which users become aware of or access the Website in order to gauge the quality and methods of our advertising.
- We do not use personal information to make automated decisions.
If you choose to provide DV with Personally identifiable information (“PII”), we will use that information for purposes explained at the time of collection; as described in this Policy and our Terms; and for our business purposes. For example:
- If you provide us with your email address, we may use it for our own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, including solicitations, invitations, newsletters, awareness campaigns, and announcements. We also may share it with partners and affiliates for their marketing purposes. We will not share your email address with unaffiliated third parties.
We will retain your information to fulfill the business and marketing purposes associated with its collection. We will not retain information longer than allowed by applicable laws or regulations. Wherever your PII may be held by DV or on its behalf, DV takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the PII that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
IV. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may track Website usage information with a service called Hubspot. This helps us manage our content and adjust our marketing approach. Finally, information obtained through these processes may be combined with PII in order to analyze our marketing efforts.
We will only share PII with third party vendors, consultants, agents, partners, and other service providers with whom we contract to help us provide or improve our services.
Please note that DV will only share your information in accordance with this Policy, except in the following situations:
- You have given us your consent to share or use information about you;
- We believe that we need to share information about you to provide a service that you have requested from us or from others;
- We are required by law to disclose information; or
- We believe that it is necessary to protect our rights or to avoid liability or violations of the law;
- To an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Policy; or
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We reserve the right to make periodic updates and revisions to the Policy. Any changes will be posted on this page. Please check this page to review whether any changes have been made to the Policy.
VI. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
This Website is not intended for minors under the age of eighteen, and DV does not wish to obtain any information from or about minors through this Website. If you are under eighteen years old, do not use this Website.
VII. KEY TERMS
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES: Tracking technologies include technologies such as “cookies” and “web beacons,” which are used to analyze trends, administer the Website, and help us provide you with a more personalized experience and improve our services. Cookies are small amounts of text files that are sent from a website to your computer’s browser when you visit the site. These cookies are then stored in files within your computer’s browser. Websites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer. For every future time you access a website, your browser sends the cookie back to the server, which notifies the website of the user’s previous activities on the website. Thus, cookies serve several useful purposes, like letting you navigate between pages more efficiently, saving your preferences, and enhancing your user experience with the website.
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESS: A numerical label separated by periods that identifies every device (e.g., computer, printer) that participates in a network. IP addresses allow these devices to communicate with one another and transmit relevant information.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII): For purposes of this Policy, PII includes: first and last name; physical mailing address including street name and city/town; email; and telephone number.
If you have any questions about this Policy, DV has appointed a Data Protection Officer to address any inquiries. The Data Protection Officer’s name and contact information are below.
Himanshu Singh, Data Protection Officer
16 Antique Forest Ln
Belmont, California 94002
You may use this contact to submit a request to review the information we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it. Subject to certain exemptions required by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will receive a response within thirty (30) days. You are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of any information provided and to have it amended as appropriate.
Version: May 8, 2019